Share hope with others!

Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Song #5: This Christmas (joy to the world) by Toby Mac - What are you doing "this Christmas" ?


I was watching the Christmas Glee episode last week, and my husband started laughing at me because he thought I was crying at a commercial. He didn't realize - at that moment - that I had started crying while watching the scene where the Glee members were singing, while feeding the homeless at the soup kitchen and giving presents to the children.

I tried to hide my tears - I was really embarrassed to be crying. My husband thinks it's because being on prednisone and cytoxan heightens my emotions - and that I am a woman (lol).

I partially agree with him. I definitely was crying a bit because of emotions, and since my current medications are currently raising my emotions to a couple degrees higher, it makes sense that I would start crying at things I wouldn't normally tear up so easily about.

I think  it was because that watching the kids on this TV show made me think of the little girl I am sponsoring through Children of the Nations, and how there are so much children in need this Christmas season.





Children of the Nations is an organization based in the United States that aims to provide holistic, Christ-centered care for orphaned and destitute children, so that they may grow positively and be a part of lasting change in their nations.

This video I made is a quick summary of Children of the Nations. The song in this video reminds us that God has called us to care for the orphans in their distress, because this "religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless"  (James 1:27).

Even if you are not a Christian, taking care of the orphans is one of the best "religions" you can have.

This Christmas, I ask you to consider going to www.cotni.org and sponsoring a child. If you are not ready to commit to sponsoring a child, you may go to http://www.cotni.org/gift-catalog-giving, where you can purchase a gift from the gift catalogue. You can give the gift on behalf of someone else. If you have not yet finished your Christmas list, telling someone that they can take the credit for buying seeds - in order to prevent famine in countries - would be an excellent gift idea.

The Children of the Nations gift catalogue has gifts that you can purchase for any budget, in different countries, and for different needs.

For many of my readers - who are living with an illness  - it may be hard to think of helping other people outside the box, when life is already complicated enough with doctor appointments, the physical aches, paying for medications, and sometimes struggling to just get out of bed the next day.

If you are reading this blog, you can afford to give a little this Christmas. You're probably reading this from your laptop, your desktop your computer, or your cell phone. The orphaned children of the world do not have the luxury of such items. Simple things such as books, notebooks, crayons and pencils are enough to make them happy.

If you cannot give to Children of the Nations, I encourage you to find a similar organization and give to them.

There's a song by Newsong called "Light your world."

This Christmas, instead of just hanging Christmas lights, light your world as well:
"It only takes a little time
To show someone how much you care
It only takes a little time
To answer someone's biggest prayer ."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Inspirational E-cards