Share hope with others!

Friday, December 23, 2011

The Power of Strength and Persistence

This photo quote was submitted by Grandpa Silverback/ Paul Hartman  on my Facebook wall.

Here is my response:

When the doctors say, "We don't know your diagnosis" - PERSIST

When the medications say, "You are too tired to do anything useful" - PERSIST

When people say, "You can't do anything anymore" - PERSIST

When the world says, "Your illness will always stop you" - PERSIST


Keep persisting, and you'll eventually cut through that rock!!

When are times that you have persisted and cut through that rock?

When I was 17, laying in a coma at the children's hospital, and the doctors did not know what to do with me, my aunt - a primary care physician - persisted, did so much research, and was the one what convinced them to do a brain biopsy on me, and that was how my doctors finally diagnosed me.

When the doctors told my parents that I would have speech issues after recovering from my coma, and I would only be able to speak 5 words a day, upon hearing this, I responded with, "What do you mean I can only speak 5 words a day?"

When the psychologist told me I would have a C+ average and never be an honour roll student again, I studied - with my brain that was just recently inflamed - and graduated high school with a 4.0/ A+ average, winning 2 academic awards.

When the world said I could never be cured because of my incurable disease, I used my illness to share my story with others, raising awareness, so that one day - a cure can be found.

Keep persisting, and you will break through that rock :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Great post for today i have seen.This is really informative and helping also.You wanna keep your strenght for always then you have to follow some rules.For keeping strenght you can visit this site strength

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Free Inspirational E-cards