Share hope with others!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

"Be not afraid of life"


I saw this quote on my friend's inspiration board when I was visiting her last weekend. I immediately loved it. I think a lot of us can think of moments in our lives when life was scary. Some people, especially after a terrible bout with their illness, choose to live more cautiously and to a lesser degree, because they've lost hope and passion, and don't believe that they can ever return to how they used to be, before they got sick. I thought like that once upon a time.

Some people have even been afraid of my own life, for me, and have tried to get me to act as if I am a fragile creature that if I try to spread my wings, I might break. But if you never spread your wings, you can never fly and see all that you can do.

I am not afraid of life. My life may include an incurable illness that chooses to attack at its own will, but I refuse to let my life be ruled by my illness. I will also not let my life be ruled by other people - on what they say about me, what they may think of me, or their resentment or their approval.

My life will be ruled by my values: my love for God, my love for others, my love for myself, my pursuit of a righteous and happy life.

I believe that my life is worth living. I believe that I am here for a purpose, and that every chance I have to love on others and express kindness is another chance to show others that life is worth living.

Believe in your own life, and you will never have to be afraid of it. :)

God believes in you too, even if you do not believe in Him. He has put you  on this earth for His specific purpose. He believes that you are worth more than what you see in yourself. If you believe in God, then believe that all He says is true, and you can believe more in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Inspirational E-cards