Share hope with others!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Obstacles were meant for overcoming...


Obstacles were meant for overcoming....

Another quote mentioned that when something bad happens to you, you have three choices, you can:
a. let it define you
b. let it destroy you
c. let it make you stronger

I have a rare disease called central nervous system vasculitis. Right now, there is no cure. But I refuse to let it define me and dictate what kind of attitude I will have toward life.

My illness may control my physical health, but I am the one who controls my emotions.  Even when the illness attacks my body, it will not destroy my spirit.

So I choose the third choice…I will be stronger. I want to live a life that pleases God and makes Him proud to call me His own. I want to have a graceful attitude in the face of trials so that my story can be a testimony to others who are struggling. I want to share what I have learned from my own journey with healing so that others can find healing in their lives too.

If you have faced difficult issues in your past…(and who hasn't?) you can still change the choice that you have made about your difficulties today. You may have let your past defined you before, but today you can choose to make yourself stronger. The main source of my strength is God - I would not have been able to survive the life I had and still be the person I am today, if I did not have him in my heart.

There was a time in my life when I had let my past define me. I thought that the problems I had in my childhood would define the kind of adult I would turn out to be, and inevitably affect all my relationships. Finally I realized that nobody was benefitting from my anger. My anger was only hurting me and my possible future. One day, I remember crying on the phone, talking to my boyfriend (now my husband) about all the things that I had felt unfair in my past. After that talk and a good solid prayer, I slowly began casting away all the baggage I had been carrying with me, and started living life with a lighter heart.

The past is not meant to define you - you can use it to shape who you are, and it is what you choose to do in your present that defines who you are right now.

Most of all, remember no matter what you have done in your past, what you are doing now, or whatever you will do in the future - God loves you no matter what. He knows every step of your life already, and still chose to love you anyway. When you love Him in return, all things are possible.




1 comment:

  1. I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an shakiness over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again since exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this hike.
    Faber-Castell ART GRIP Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils, tin of 60 114260

    ReplyDelete

Free Inspirational E-cards